Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Expo done...next!

Amazing that Ben and I are both MORE tired without our pooch around to wake us up. We thought we'd be loving the sleep ins - NOPE! For me it is because I havn't really slept properly since Charlie went to his doggy school...so I am counting the days when he is back at the end of the bed on his doggy pillow and then I can sleep!

Right now I am walking around with "I dont care about his training I just want me dog back!" attitude, lol!

Anyway...as a result Ben and I come Monday evening were less then thrilled to be crossing Sydney peak hour traffic to attend the Curzon Hall Bridal Expo but we went anyway arriving just on 6pm....half asleep...straight from work.

The hall looked magnificent as always.

A selection of wedding cars were lined up out the front for display. Later in the evening a horse and carriage also arrived for display (not the company we chose).

Inside we were asked if we had booked a wedding yet and I said yes. We then got the white bag of goodies as opposed to no bag for the couple in front who had not booked. I felt special...but I was dumb. That huge bag was a bright neon sign for all the suppliers in the hall trying to lock in bookings for photography, cakes, makeup, dresses and jewellry...on and on.

Thankfully Ben and I could pass them by with a simple "No thanks. We already have one booked." And then head towards the free champagne and choc coated strawberries, lol!

There was a florist on display who I had been trying to get in touch with. I walked straight up and said "Hi, I contacted your company a few weeks ago and never heard back from you" then watched as the sales girl squirmed and tried to reassure me that was rare. Ah-huh.

A few minutes later the store owner, John, was taking our details assuring me we would hear from him. Well it is now Thursday and I have not heard anything but he may prove my assumptions wrong....or not! I am being persistant as they are REALLY good, plus are the preferred supplier for Curzon meaning they know the venue. They will be, if they ever call, cheaper due to us booking with Curzon. Time will tell though.

While at their stand I spotted a bouquet similar to what I wanted for my flowers. The store girl pulled it out of the vase and said "Here, try it!" and past it to me.

Its amazing how some wedding stuff I just think "yeah, nice" and move on - and other stuff makes me think "whoa - this wedding is really happening!" The flowers did the latter and Ben burst out laughing as he watched the expression on my face try to stay controlled. The store girl simply smiled and said "yeah, we get that allot."

Each of the function rooms (Curzon has about 6) were set up in different themes. Ben and I were able to select the color scheme for our tables plus chose decorations.

Once again we were not falling head over heels for the cakes on display so we are back to our original plan of calling a contact of Ben's to make something to our design. Fussy people, lol!

Ben was also able to speak to one of the car companies about a groomsmen vehicle for before the service. I mulled around trying to get near the horses so I could patt them. I am a shocker when it comes to vehicles. Even when we went to view the horse and carriage we ended up booking I spent more time playing with the ladies 3 Alaskan malamute dogs (husky's) then talking about our booking, ha, ha! Transport is Ben's department.

This weekend 2 of the fellas are off to get fitted for their suits and then that will be the groomsmen taken care of.

This week I also willingly put my head on the embarrassment chopping block and asked my mum to do a bit of a Sonya humiliation speech at the Bridal Shower....gulp. Hopefully it won't be too humiliating...but heh...thats all Bridal Showers are for *Grin* I just have to suck it up!

Oh - the great thing about the Expo was inside the bag of goodies we were given a voucher for this uber swish leather bound planner (wedding planner) from this website; My wedding Journey

Once I logged on to claim (heh, I am all about taking advantage of free stuff right now!) I noticed the site had all these cool features for tracking guest lists, table arrangements, to-do lists, etc. If I wasn't organized enough before...now I really have no excuse :)

And after several people at the Expo said "wow...your wedding isn't far away" I stupidly calculated the number of weeks left.

Only 17...where did the time go?!

No comments: