Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bargain finds

Two great bargains were found for the wedding yesterday.

The first one was the discovery that the shoes I had in mind for the bridesmaids were on sale...so down to $30 - BARGAIN!

We called little sis and she zipped round to the store to check them out then went ahead and bought the 3 sizes we needed. Fair enough too - that price is hard to beat!

The second bargain was on the champagne glasses Ben and I wanted for the toasting/speech/sharing champagne part of the wedding where we cut the cake and stuff.

We wanted some glasses that were not super cheesy but would be special to us (well that is what I wanted...I think Ben was just going with the flow, ha, ha!).

We spotted beautiful glasses in David Jones. They had a good weight...a nice simple pattern and looked really elegant. I tipped the glass up to eye ball the price and though "DAMN! For one glass!!" $129 per glass.

What is scary is that wasn't even the most expensive kind we found. Ben located a glass that was $200.

We left DJ's thinking "maybe another store will have some" but thanks to a very helpful salesperson in "HOME" ended up over at the Auburn Victoria's Basement outlet.

After getting side tracked by the uber cool royal Doultan Disney figurines....then the super shic dancing ladies...and all the other cool stuff....I pointed to a pile of boxes near the back wall and said "Look - that's them!"

There they were...our $260 glasses (cause they came as a pair) but on one heck of a sale price - $69 for the set!

Ben grabbed a box, stashed it under his arm and proudly said "Done! Lets go baby" and that was that.

Gotta love a man who not only indulges me but then pays too *giggle*



Oh - the other item we managed to tick off the list today was my gift to the girls, their jewellery for the day. I had narrowed it down to a few options but had been deliberating over them for months. "What if the girls didn't like it? What if they never use it again?" Blah blah.

I once again relied on Ben's typical male shopping manner...that being in the shop, find what you want, pay, walk out. So in the shop we went...I feebly attempted to deliberate a little more narrowing it down to 2 options...Ben, ever patient, gave me about 10 mins to um-and-ah and look at more options before saying "I like this one. How much for 3?" and it was a done deal.

He of course waited for me to agree on the choice before paying but it was all done in 15 mins. I pick them up on Friday :)


No comments: