Monday, June 2, 2008

Deliveries and Dresses!

Yesterday the little carriage candles (bomboniere) arrived and they are kind of cheesy, kind of cute - we'll make it work.

Also the little boxes for the invitations have arrived. I now have a corner near my desk deemed "wedding deliveries" - ha ha! Two big boxes currently sit there...and it still feels weird that all this stuff is coming for a wedding where I will actually be the bride. It'll probably feel 'weir' right up until the week before in which it will morph to stressful then hopefully enjoyable.

I have a dress fitting on Friday in which my brother, his girlfriend and my sister (maid of honor) will all come and have a preview peak. The gown is not finished even though this is fitting number 5...so it wont give too much away...I'm just really glad to have some people coming along to make the appropriate "oohs" and "ahhhs." When you go alone it just doesn't feel right - you want people to see it!

This weekend my poor unsuspecting fiance will be introduced to the zillion relatives I have on my mothers side - a traditional Irish catholic family where my mother is one of 9 children. I am one of 42 grand children all first generation - amazing really. With that many first cousins (just on my mothers side) I have never bothered to check out the 2nd cousins which I think is understandable, lol!. Most have not met or seen Ben before so I'm sure they will grill him appropriately. We'll see if he is still keen to walk down the isle after their interrogation, ha, ha!




No comments: